- Multiple fuel options - fire up with wood or charcoal right out of the box, or with gas with the Ooni Karu 12 Gas Burner (sold separately)
- Reaches the ideal baking temperature of 450 °C* in as little as 20 minutes, for fresh wood-fired pizza in just 60 seconds
- Portable at just 12kg, with all the power of a large pizza oven
- Designed by Ooni in Scotland
*Achieving this temperature is reliant on optimum LPG supply (when cooking with gas). Due to fluctuations in the quality of LPG supply in India, this cannot be guaranteed.
What's In The Box
What's In The Box
- Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven
- Oven door
- Cordierite baking stone
- Fuel tray door
- Wood & charcoal fuel tray with burner grate
- Chimney cap
Note: The Ooni Karu 12 Gas Burner is an optional upgrade that is not included with the model, please purchase separately.
- You can find the dimensions and blueprint of Ooni Karu 12 here
- Unboxed dimensions: 77 x 40 x 80cm (30 x 15 x 31″)
- Unboxed weight: 12kg
- Cooking surface: 33 x 33cm (13 x 13″)
- 15mm (0.6″) cordierite baking stone
- Brushed 430 stainless steel shell
- Folding legs for easy transport and storage
- Can be converted to gas using the separately available Ooni Karu 12 gas burner
- 1-year warranty, extendable to a free 3-year warranty on registration
How do I setup Ooni Karu?
All Ooni pizza ovens are portable and do not require any installation. You simply need to open the oven legs, light the wood inside the oven and you will be ready to cook in minutes!
What kind of fuel can I use with my Ooni wood fired oven?
Pizza Pro Firewood Logs are made from 100% mango wood, free from chemicals or additives, and perfectly sized for Ooni Karu 12, Karu 12G and Ooni Karu 16 pizza ovens. You can purchase Pizza Pro Firewood here.
Mango tree wood, which is easily available in most parts of India is the best choice for wood fired ovens. In the mountains of north India, mango tree wood may be difficult to find. In this case Oak wood is a good choice.
We recommend using pieces of hardwood approximately 15cm/6in long as shown below.
How do I light my oven using wood?
First, check that your Ooni wood fired oven is ready to be fired up: Remove the chimney cap, open the chimney vents and put on the door.
Remove the fuel hatch and place a small stack of burning charcoal in the fuel tray, followed by a layer of wood.
Once you have a nice fire going, add more fuel. Close the hatch and leave your oven to preheat for 20-30 minutes. Keep an eye on the fire and add more fuel as needed. Remember, adding too much at once can smother the flame.
You can use charcoal and wood separately, but we love combining the two for an even heat and unbeatable flavour.
If you have a question which has not been answered, please feel free to get in touch with us.
What makes Ooni Karu 12 awesome?
In a word, flexibility. Ooni Karu 12 combines optimum, multi-fuel performance with ultimate portability.
Karu 12 lets you use wood, charcoal or gas burner (optional) to make flame-cooked, restaurant-quality pizzas in as little as 60 seconds.
With its small footprint, Karu 12 is an oven that’s just as at home on your balcony or in your backyard as it is on a camping trip.
Whether you’re at home or on the go, Karu 12 is a portable and powerful addition to your pizza-making setup.
Authenticity. Embrace traditional pizza-making while adding unmistakable fire-cooked flavors by cooking with wood or charcoal.
Control. Easily control temperature (and take back time) with the optional Ooni Gas Burner.
Flexibility. Out of wood but have plenty of gas on hand? Quickly switching between gas or solid-fuel cooking is a snap.
It was great using ooni oven. I am amazed by the cooking process and the outcome of the product
Excellent product I love it
Compact and easy to assemble
Oven is wonderful except for the stone
It's not heating much
For a commercial purposes I think it will not be enough
Mouthwatering dishes to make with your Ooni pizza oven, from breakfast to dinner and so much more than just pizza!