Sometimes the most delicious recipes are also the simplest. The margherita pizza is an iconic Italian masterpiece that will warm your whole heart.
- 250g/330g pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- 50g fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Prepare your pizza dough beforehand using our classic pizza dough recipe.
- Though you can certainly use any store-bought marinara or pizza sauce for this pizza, we highly recommend making your own using our classic pizza sauce recipe (it only takes 5 minutes!).
- Fire up your pizza oven. Aim for a temperature of 450˚C at the center of the baking stone inside. You can check the temperature quickly and easily using an infrared thermometer.
- Dust a small amount of flour onto your pizza peel. This will help the pizza slide off the peel more easily.
- Shape your dough ball into a 12/16 inch circle and pull it onto the peel. Spread the tomato sauce, top with fresh mozzarella and optionally a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Slide the pizza off the peel and into your pizza oven, making sure to rotate the pizza regularly.
- Remove from the oven and top with whole, fresh basil leaves and serve hot.