- The world’s most advanced portable pizza oven
- Borosilicate glass door to keep an eye on your pizza without releasing heat
- Use wood or charcoal for a traditional wood-fired experience, or attach the Ooni Karu 12 Gas Burner (sold separately) for easy gas-fueled baking
- Reach ideal baking temperature of 450 °C* in as little as 20 minutes for pizza in just 60 seconds
- Monitor temperature with the integrated thermometer
- The SureGrab™ door handle stays cool to the touch
- Cook 12-inch pizzas and more on the thick 15mm cordierite baking stone
- Portable at just 15kg, with all the power of a large pizza oven
- Designed by Ooni in Scotland
*Achieving this temperature is reliant on optimum LPG supply (when cooking with gas). Due to fluctuations in the quality of LPG supply in India, this cannot be guaranteed.
What's In The Box
What's In The Box
- Ooni Karu 12G Oven main body
- Borosilicate glass oven door
- Burner tray & grate
- Cordierite baking stone
- Ooni Karu 12G chimney
- Chimney cap
- Fuel hatch
- Draft defender plate
- Torx key
- Ooni Karu 12G manual and first cook guide
- Warranty card
Note: The compatible Ooni Karu 12 Gas Burner is an optional upgrade that is not included with the model, please purchase separately.
Note: The Pizza Peel is not included with the model, please purchase separately. We recommend an Ooni Pizza Peel for getting your pizzas in and out of your oven with ease!
- Dimensions & Blueprint of Ooni Karu 12G
- Cooking surface: 33.7 x 33.7 cm (13.27” x 13.27”)
- 15mm (0.6″) cordierite stone baking board
- Unboxed dimensions: 74.5 x 72.8 x 41.7 cm (29.7 x 28.7 x 16.4 in)
- Unboxed weight: 15.5kg
- Boxed dimensions: 72 x 40 x 75 cm (28.3 x 15.7 x 29 in)
- Boxed weight: 20.8kg
- Folding legs for easy transport and storage
- Can be converted to gas using the separately available Ooni Karu 12 gas burner
- 1-year warranty, extendable to a free 3-year warranty on registration
How do I setup Ooni Karu?
All Ooni pizza ovens are portable and do not require any installation. You simply need to open the oven legs, light the wood inside the oven and you will be ready to cook in minutes!
What kind of fuel can I use with my Ooni wood fired oven?
Pizza Pro Firewood Logs are made from 100% mango wood, free from chemicals or additives, and perfectly sized for Ooni Karu 12, Karu 12G and Ooni Karu 16 pizza ovens. You can purchase Pizza Pro Firewood here.
Mango tree wood, which is easily available in most parts of India is the best choice for wood fired ovens. In the mountains of north India, mango tree wood may be difficult to find. In this case Oak wood is a good choice.
We recommend using pieces of hardwood approximately 15cm/6in long as shown below.
How do I light my oven using wood?
First, check that your Ooni wood fired oven is ready to be fired up: Remove the chimney cap, open the chimney vents and put on the door.
Remove the fuel hatch and place a small stack of burning charcoal in the fuel tray, followed by a layer of wood.
Once you have a nice fire going, add more fuel. Close the hatch and leave your oven to preheat for 20-30 minutes. Keep an eye on the fire and add more fuel as needed. Remember, adding too much at once can smother the flame.
You can use charcoal and wood separately, but we love combining the two for an even heat and unbeatable flavour.
If you have a question which has not been answered, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Ooni has poured every learning from their decade of pizza oven-making experience into the Ooni Karu 12G. From the chimney baffle's heat-resistant handle, the powder-coated body, down to the non-slip rubber feet, every touchpoint on this oven has been meticulously designed to deliver a superior pizza-making experience.
Ooni Karu 12G combines optimal performance with award-winning design. A small footprint, a powder-coated body for weather resistance and a sleek silhouette make Karu 12G a welcome addition to any garden, balcony or outdoor kitchen.
Portable and powerful, Ooni Karu 12G combines optimum performance with the freedom to use the oven on the go.
Authenticity. Cooking with solid fuel like wood and charcoal is a time-honored, traditional method used worldwide, giving food an unmistakable wood-fired flavor.
Control. The optional Gas Burner for Ooni Karu 12G provides additional convenience and control.
Flexibility. Change your fuel anytime: choose wood or charcoal when a recipe calls for smoky flavors or lower cooking temperatures, or use gas when hosting a party for a fuss-free bake. Karu 12G offers truly flexible pizza-making.
Mouthwatering dishes to make with your Ooni pizza oven, from breakfast to dinner and so much more than just pizza!