If in need of a quick side or starter, this simple focaccia-style pizza is an easy go-to for peckish guests. Plus, it’s great for using up leftover pizza dough in style. Simply chuck some cherry tomatoes, rosemary and garlic over an olive oil base and you’re good to go!
Makes 1x 12”/16” focaccia pizza
- 250/330g classic pizza dough
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of flaky sea salt
- Prepare your pizza dough ahead of time. Our guide to making the perfect Classic Pizza Dough covers everything you need to know.
- Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. Aim for 500˚C on the baking stone inside. You can check the temperature inside your Ooni quickly and easily using an Infrared Thermometer.
- Using a small amount of flour, dust your Ooni pizza peel. Stretch the pizza dough ball out and lay it out on your pizza peel. With a pastry brush or with your fingers, spread the olive oil evenly over the base. Sprinkle flaky sea salt over the top, then add your garlic slices, cherry tomatoes and rosemary.
- Slide the pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven. Cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure to turn the pizza regularly. Once cooked, remove from the oven.
- Serve right away as a delicious starter or side!